Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Savotta Retkilaukku 16

Here is a short overview of the Savotta Retkilaukku 16 - haversak or shoulder bag. I've had this bag for a while now and in this short video I post some thoughts and observations.

The bag has a capacity of about 16 litres and the approx. dimensions are: 40cm x 25cm x 10cm. The bag is made of sturdy waxed cotton and features a webbing shoulder strap. The bag can hold: a guide book, waterbottle, notebook, knife, puffy jacket, binoculars and odds and ends. Perfect for a day hike. I mainly use it for birdwatching and EDC.

Two things that I dislike about the bag:

The shoulder strap: it is made from 20mm webbing. It is absolutely too thin and starts to dig in to my shoulder quickly. Also it is too short, only about 70cm. Due to this the bag rides a bit too high for my liking, just above my waist. The strap is not removable. I think I will upgrade the strap to a 40mm strap with quick release buckles.

The quick release buckles that close the bag are high quality, but there is no way to adjust the lid. The length of the strap holding the buckles is fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment